Friday, May 02, 2003

Have you ever got into the car and started to drive, only to realise that you have inadvertently left the parking brake on? For a while, you can’t work out why your vehicle is so sluggish. Then suddenly, it becomes obvious. I guess sometimes, we make a similar error with the vehicle of our life. We begin to wonder why we just don't seem to be getting anywhere and we feel frustrated because progress is so slow and sluggish. Then it dawns on us. We are holding ourselves back. We are letting ourselves be weighed down by irrelevant fears. Untill the pennies drop. Light bulbs illuminate. Realisations arrive. Suddenly we understand what had been a mystery. One part of us says, "Oh no!"and the other says, “Of course!” ...We all fear facts and discover that these can challenge our view of the world. No matter how open-minded than most people I am but I still prefer to see myself as a person whose insights are impeccable and whose actions are always beyond reproach. Of course, in reality, no such individuals exist. So I suppose all is left is that I have to be brave, to learn the lesson life wants to teach me today...Would life will get happier, instantly?

When you are hungry, the simplest question can seem like an intimidating challenge. When you are sleepy, the easiest task can appear like an entry test for MENSA. When you are running late, when your family are being grouchy, when your team have just lost a game, a pessimistic perspective soon develops. We rarely make enough allowance for the importance of timing. I guess I should remember that some things – for some people (including me) will prove easier to do or deal with tomorrow than today. So I guess I will stop thinking about what has put me through this shock today...and worry about it tomorrow!

No comments: