Friday, October 31, 2003

Trick or treat? And can I be sure that I know the difference? Sometimes, we help ourselves too eagerly to items that it might be far wiser to leave on the shelf. Sometimes too, we are unnecessarily suspicious of great gifts. Perhaps, before I can decide with any degree of reliable clarity, whether I am being helped, hindered, treated or tricked, I have to make my own mind up about what I really want!!? There's really no need for a pointy hat. The cloak is a dreadful affectation. Today's witches and wizards wear Jaeger and Armani. Their cauldrons are laptops and their familiars are mobile phones. Well... maybe. It's funny though, how much importance we place on outfit and uniform. If we dress a part, we find it easier to play. Shakespeare was right to say that all the world's a stage. We are all method actors upon it. I feel for a need to cast a spell now, I guess if I just believe that I can, then I will, or is it that I need to break one? ummm....tricky situation....

"Hubble, bubble, toil and trouble..." It's a shame really, that I can't just open up some dusty old spell book and, after a quick trip to the local supply store for some eye of newt and wing of bat, mutter an incantation over a cauldron. Or maybe I can. It is, after all, Hallowe'en. Then again. Maybe I don't need to. Perhas we all have the ability to work magic without any need for ritual or artifice...as folks say...perhaps it is true what they say; All you really need to do is summon up your willpower and wish.

No comments: