Monday, May 19, 2003

Some people think that the way to win an argument is to shout as loudly as possible. Others know that the true trick is to say as little as possible. If someone is wrong then sooner or later they will trip themselves up regardless of how much or how little they are challenged. Ok...I guess I could do that...The only trouble with this gloriously effective technique is that it requires the self-discipline of a saint! Which I don't think I am... In remaining silent one risks being unfairly accused of complicity. I guess it is important not to let the passion get the better of me. I suppose if I remain quiet and polite I will yet be presented with a perfect chance to prove an important point....ummmm would I though? or can I actually be quiet...??? ( stop shacking ur head u lot!!!)

Anyway isn't it true what folks say about 'Winning is for losers'? Of course their rational is that the people who are truly cool are not interested in petty point-scoring. They understand that "to get one over" on an opponent is to short-change yourself. It is to make an unfortunate trade - to swap a temporary state of euphoria for a permanent sense of sanguinity.

All who live on Funfair Earth should remember that the swings and the roundabouts never stop. For as long as you ride them, you will be up one moment and down the next.

I guess I shouldn't see my current difficulty as a challenge to rise to but as a chance to develop a deeper understanding!

No comments: