Monday, May 19, 2003

You can walk down the same street a thousand times and think you know all it contains. Then you can make that journey once more and find it full of surprises!! This may either be because something different has happened on the road... or in your head!!Often, our attitudes and expectations trap us in a dull world where little ever alters. Most of us only ever see what we want to see so it doesn't really matter how much there is to wonder at?...We will happily ignore it if it doesn't fit in with our big idea about what's going on. Until, that is, we get a surprise that hit us so bad that as they say 'we don't know..what hit us!' ...like today... with fresh eyes, I am starting to recognise fresh possibilities.
I try hard to be sensible. I follow rules religiously. I think of the most great people I have ever met/read about/known somehow and try to emulate their example. Ultimately though, it is all in vain. The problem, you see, is that we are living in a crazy world. It’s a madhouse and the most dangerously certifiable inhabitants are the ones who purport to be sane. I am not quite sure whether to laugh or cry about a certain factor. Laugh!...perhaps then I’ll see why it's not a problem after all. Cry!...perhaps then I'll feel better about lifes surprises...lies and deceits....

Whatever I do...I will always have a problem trusting others...and I will always be asking myself Why?...because no one else would have a reasonable explanation.....do you?

No comments: