Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Why are there so many words, in so many books in so many libraries? Why do we need all those explanations, observations dissertations?..Surely if we were a visiting alien, we would assume that those books were all needed because life on Earth was so complicated. Indeed, if it was me I would probably take one look at all the books I was supposed to read, and then turn my ship towards some more simple corner of the cosmos, that way I had less chance of getting caught up in an irrelevant argument....Nothing is ever straight forward though... is it?

If all life's roads were straight, vehicles would not need steering wheels. If humans are vehicles, though, they are cars not trains. We cannot follow strict timetables. Sometimes we speed up and slow down of our own volition, sometimes we must do what the traffic dictates. But always, we have options. Maps, though, are not necessarily in such easy supply. Isn't it that we have our inner sense of direction? Surely if we look closely we must also have at least one clear signpost..that way we have all we need....

As simple as that you say....ummm...I say it is even simpler!!!




No comments: