Friday, August 29, 2003

A watched pot never boils. Or so they say. Yet we cannot conclude, from this, that an un-watched pot will heat up more rapidly. It may fall off the hob. Or it may boil - and then boil over. What the authors of this old saying were really trying to get at, I venture to suggest, is that success involves striking a balance between watching - and not watching - the pot! Well...what I am trying to say is that perhaps slow process can eventually lead only to great success. Maybe... just maybe we need to keep the momentum going without becoming impatient or restless...Having said that I can't help not doubting wether I have got the strength? Do I have the stamina? Can I take much more of a certain silly situation? Probably not - but then again difficulties won't disappear overnight, they need to go through their cycle...lets just hope it is not a long cycle!

No comments: