Wednesday, August 27, 2003

When good things happen, we assume they must have happened for a reason. When bad things happen, we never feel so sure. At best, we remind ourselves that all clouds have silver linings…(Usually, I just curse my luck!!)... Yet how do we really know whether a development is good or bad? The things we like most, often do us most damage. The things we like least often bring the greatest joy. I have lately felt inclined to resent a particular situation.
But why should I worry? What do I have to feel anxious about? Is there really some terrible threat on the horizon? Am I truly in danger of losing something I treasure? ... (The question is…do I even treasure it!?).. How can I possibly look at the past with such wistful longing, whilst turning to the future with such intense trepidation? What has happened to my faith? I seem to have been lost in the road of destiny…there seems to be nothing that governs direction. Sometimes, it seems as if the course of fate finds it necessary to drag me, kicking and screaming, against my will, towards whatever I most desperately need to experience or to connect with. I don't seem to have a reason to relax no matter how I look at things. No matter how I turn the page…how I look at the glass I don't seem to figure anything out…I wonder though that; can an apparent problem actually be a blessing in disguise? Is the future really brighter than I think? If I try to be subtle, sensitive, and calm and quiet, will I find myself being led painlessly and pleasingly towards the perfect destination?

No comments: